Thursday, January 10, 2013


Hi guys!  This is Shauna--


I have been asked by several people about my take on exercise and nutrition.  There are a few different things to think about—I will post a thought or two now and again that will give you my perspective.

·         Celebrate progress!  I hear many times a week comments like, “I only did 65 on my power cleans,”  “I can only do 5 real push-ups,” “I was so slow on my run.”  Do not forget where you came from; 65 pound power cleans are 65 pounds more than you could do 3 months ago.  Five push-ups are five more than you even tried two weeks ago.  Recognize your progress and celebrate the successes! 

·        Eat to fuel your body.  Do not diet.  I used to count calories.  I worried about that more than what kind of food I was putting in my body.  I was doubtful that eating “clean” would really make that big of a difference.  It has made the MOST difference.  Now I eat to give my body what it needs.  I eat constantly.  I still crave things that I know my body will hate.  (I save those for my cheat meals.)  I am not tired at 2 in the afternoon.  I am stronger and have more energy.  Give eating “clean” a try for at least three weeks.  You will see results quickly. 
   
T    The challenge is about changing the way you think about exercise and nutrition and fitness…hopefully these two ideas will help you stay positive and motivated!


No comments:

Post a Comment