Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I was really impressed with your efforts on "Marion" last night.  The workout was brutal, and everyone who started it - finished it. 

I want to thank everyone who comes to workout with a good attitude, even though we all know we are going to get our ass kicked.  One of the great things about Crossfit is the sense of community between all of the athletes.

Crossfit is not a competition between you and the person next to you.  Is it competitive sometimes?  Sure it is.  But it's a competition with yourself.  How often are you working out and your body is screaming for you to stop and you don't?  For me, it's every workout.  It hurts everytime.  Every time my body is hurting, I remember that I didn't quit on the last workout and I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to quit on this one.  Crossfit has helped me realize that I CAN DO IT.  I have broken through so many barriers because of Crossfit.  I am healthier and more fit than ever before. 

Shauna comes home in the mornings and tells me how awesome you guys are and how hard you work.  I believe that you can do any workout that is programmed.  I want to encourage you guys to encourage each other to not quit, and to RX the weight. The heavier weight may slow you down initially, but you will be a better athlete because of the added work. 

Weds WOD:

3 rounds for time

15 pullups
20 burpees
95/65# Sumo deadlift high pulls (SDHP)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the work out! Btw what's the rep for the SDHP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone else waking around like tin man? My thighs feel like they are going to tear in half! Lol

    ReplyDelete