Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shauna and I find ourselves at a crossroads.  We love the workout program, and believe we are doing a good thing for the community by hosting the workouts and putting the information on the blog.  We would like to help as many people become healthy as possible.  Crossfit is a lifestyle, a lifestyle that should be shared.

I heard some people don't like waiting to use the equipment and believe the workouts are taking too long to get through, so they don't want to invite other people because it would make their wait longer.    To not invite other people because you don't want to wait for something that you are using free of charge is bullshit.  It's selfish and petty. 

We own some equipment and have been letting everyone use it, free of charge.   All you have to do is wait your turn.   If you want to speed up the wait time, go buy your own equipment.  We didn't get into this to get rich, or because of some deep seeded need to be the center of attention.  We got into it because we enjoy working out and found a way to workout and get great results - we discovered something awesome, and we want to share it with as many people as possible; even if it means that we wait a little bit longer for a kettlebell or a bar. 

Eventually, we would love to become affiliated, and certified and open an *official* gym.  Until we do, all we have is the little bit of equipment that we can scratch together and a cheap blog.  If that's too inconvenient for you, then drive your ass down to St. George and join a gym.

4 comments:

  1. I won’t be there tonight because of the *&^% rodeo concessions, so I’ll share my thoughts now and talk with you later as well.

    I'm not going to lie; I'm shocked and confused by this post. I’m not sure where it’s directed, but because it was posted on the blog for all, it’s hard to not take a little personal. I for one have been very grateful for all you and Shauna have done and the time you have spent. If you have felt differently or I’ve offended, I sincerely apologize. We realize you are doing this because you are amazing people and have received nothing in return other than the satisfaction of making us sweat.

    I admit I have been concerned about using the high school weights and room. The bigger we get as a group, the more I have feared getting the people giving us access in trouble. I am unclear if we have permission to really be in there. I personally have asked around about using a few different buildings owned by our family farm with no luck.

    The bottom line for me is that this is not my xfit group. I have invited many people to join in, but none have been brave/crazy enough to come yet. Yet, I don’t feel it’s my place, because I’m not in charge. I’ve personally been told conflicting answers about whether we are trying to recruit people or not, so I'm a little confused.

    Yes it does take us more time and more rounds to get everyone through. We’ve all talked about it. I value your time and feel conflicted inviting people to take up more of it, when it’s not my group. I’ve enjoyed hanging out with everyone in between rounds and complaining about the workout, sore muscles and how much pain you’re going to put us through the next day. :) Love all you guys to pieces!

    ShaRee
    P.S. My fat ass still needs your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love having you guys here to work out with us. I want as many people to enjoy the cross fit lifestyle as possible. I get miffed at people who complain about having to wait a few minutes, and don't want anyone else to join because they may have to wait a little bit longer. This is a lifestyle that should be shared IMO with as many people as possible.

    I don't want to get anyone in trouble at the high school either. Unfortunately, we don't yet have the equipment to do all of the exercises that we should to increase our fitness, so we have been using the high school. It's my opinion that if the high school can be used for other community events (Zumba, fitness center etc.) than we can use it as well. I don't want to abuse the access to the school, but at the same time, I think we should be able to use the weights; that is until we can get our own.

    Shauna and I are blessed to have people like you and your family as a part of our workout group. We love having you there, and want to convert you and all of your friends to the Crossfit cult;). Shauna and I are thinking of starting a 2nd class, later in the evening to spread some people out and shorten the wait time. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse I think if you and Shauna want to do that, and think you can I say go for it! I also want to tell you both how grateful I am to have gotten to know you! You and your family are such awesome people. I am grateful that you both have let me and Ryan join your group and we appreciate all the time that you take in putting all this together. We both love being pushed to our limits and getting our butts kicked. And we always feel so good after! I want to say that I was one of the ones that did bring up the thing about other people joining. And i just want to say that i am sorry i didnt mean to upset any of you I just wanted to know how everyone else felt about it because i have had people ask me if they could join. And now I know i can tell them to go right ahead and give it a try! Again thanks for everything you guys are Great and i look forward to working with you in the future! Even if it does kill me! Haha

    Kristi
    P.S. I LOVE XFIT! :)
    and i am seeing a difference in myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is anyone else unable to get out of a sitting position today? Tonight is going to be fun/crazy. Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete